Hotch Potch Soup Recipe
A corruption of the name of this recipe is the well known winter dish of "hot pot", which rather than meaning a miscellany of ingredients has now come to mean a thick casserole.
- 2 pints meat stock
- 4 young carrots
- 2 young turnips
- 6 small onions
- 1 round lettuce
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 cup garden peas, shelled
- sprig each of parsley and thyme
- Cut the carrots and turnips into small pieces, pull apart the leaves of the lettuce, and chop the onions.
- Put these with the parsley and thyme into the stock.
- Simmer for half an hour.
- Add the peas and the white part of the cauliflower divided into small sprigs.
- Simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add seasoning if necessary, and serve very hot.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions