Hollandaise Soup Recipe
A delicately flavoured soup based on the classic hollandaise sauce.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 level tablespoon corn flour/starch
- 1 1/2 pints chicken stock
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 pint thick cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the corn flour and cook for several minutes.
- Gradually add the stock, bring to the boil for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Beat together the egg yolks and cream and stir carefully into the soup.
- Cook without boiling for a few minutes, stirring all the time.
- Lastly add the seasoning, tarragon and parsley.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script