Hauser Soup Recipe
A truly curious soup sent in by a reader that might be worth a try! If you have any information on the origins of this recipe we would be interested to know.
Update: We have been contacted by Elaine with some more information on this recipe. She very kindly has sent in the authentic version of this recipe which was shown to her by a co worker. Elaine has told us that the original recipe came from a book by Gaylord Hauser: Hauser Broth Recipe
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 3/4 pints milk
- grated nutmeg to taste
- seasoning to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Place all the ingredients, except parsley, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat slowly to just below boiling point.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Served sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions