Hauser Broth Recipe
One of our readers Elaine sent us this recipe for Hauser Broth which was shown to her by a co worker. It was in response to our page on Hauser Soup and our requst for more information. Elaine has told us that the original recipe came from a book by Gayelord Hauser.
- 1 cup finely shredded celery, leaves and all
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded spinach
- 1 tablespoon shredded parsley
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable salt
- pinch of brown sugar or honey
- Put all the shredded vegetables into the quart of water, cover and cook slowly for about 25 minutes.
- Then add the tomato juice, veg., salt and a pinch of brown sugar or honey.
- Let cook a few more minutes.
- Strain and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions