Thick Green Pea Soup Recipe
A classic soup dish which also makes use of the pods which are very flavoursome.
- 4 cups old green peas in pods
- 1/2 pints bouillon
- 1 pint milk
- sprig of mint
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Shell the peas.
- Wash the pods well and put them in a saucepan with the stock.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain and return the stock to the saucepan.
- Add the peas and mint, and simmer until tender.
- Place in a blender and puree.
- Add to this puree the butter, the milk mixed with cornstarch and season to taste.
- Stir while it boils for 8 minutes.
- Serve very hot with croutons and a little cream if liked.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script