Gravy Soup Recipe
This soup is basically a method for using up the leftovers from a joint of beef. If you like you can also use up any spare vegetables in the soup.
- slices leftover beef, chopped
- leftover beef gravy
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small carrot, cut in strips
- 1 quart water
- 1 dessertspoon mushroom catsup
- 1 dessertspoon crushed tapioca
- 1 tablespoon dripping
- Fry the onions in the dripping over a low heat until the onions are transparent.
- Add the meat and fry very gently for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the water and leftover gravy.
- Bring slowly to the boil.
- Remove any scum.
- Add the tapioca together with carrot, and simmer slowly for 2 hours.
- Season to taste.
- Put in the mushroom catsup and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 130 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script