Good Woman's Soup Recipe
Probably based on the classic French soup "Bonne Femme", this is a delicate and sophisticated soup.
- 2 pints white stock
- 1 cabbage lettuce (medium sized)
- 1 bunch of watercress
- small piece cucumber
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 pint cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon each tarragon, chervil
- Wash well and shred the lettuce.
- Peel the cucumber, cut into slices lengthwise and then into strips.
- Wash and pick the stalks from the watercress.
- Melt the butter in a pan, cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes then add the stock, tarragon, chervil and seasoning to taste.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the lettuce is tender.
- Lightly beat the eggs, mix with the cream, stir into the soup and stir until it thickens; it must not boil or the eggs will curdle.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script