Goat's Cheese Bread Recipe
A bread which is not for the fainthearted. Make sure that you like goat's cheese before attempting it. If preferred, a crumbly cow's milk cheese could be substituted.
- 12oz strong wholemeal flour
- 4oz rye flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 8oz goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 oz fresh yeast
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 pint warm water
- Put the two types of flour into a warmed bowl.
- Add the salt, honey and cheese.
- Mix the yeast with the sugar.
- Add the yeast and sugar mix to the flour mix.
- Add the egg and the water.
- Mix with to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead for about 15 minutes.
- Put into a well greased 1lb loaf tin.
- Leave to double in size in a warm place.
- Bake at 190 degrees C. for 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 120 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
Powered by Comment Script