Giblet Soup Recipe
You can use this recipe to make a delicious soup or gravy.
- 1 set chicken, turkey, duck or game giblets
- 2 pints beef stock
- 1 slice of lean ham
- sprig of parsley, thyme and marjoram
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 heaped dessertspoon flour
- 1 dessertspoon catsup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash the giblets well and heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry the giblets in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, ham, herbs (you can tie the herbs in a little muslin bag if you like), the onion stuck with cloves and a seasoning of pepper.
- Bring slowly to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
- Melt the butter in a very small pan.
- Stir in the flour gradually and continue stirring whilst it cooks for 5 minutes.
- Strain off the soup.
- Put it back in the saucepan with giblets cut into small pieces.
- Stir in the flour and butter paste.
- Boil very gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato catsup and serve very hot.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 110 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script