French Rolls Recipe
An example of a french, enriched yeast bread. The "Sally Lunn" bun is said to be an example of this brought to Bath in England by a Huguenot.
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1/4 pint warm milk
- 2 tablespoons (1oz) butter
- 4 cups (1lb) strong plain flour
- Mix together the egg, yeast and milk and leave in a warm place until frothy.
- Rub the butter or margarine into the flour, and then beat in the yeast mixture.
- Do not knead.
- Cover and leave to rise until doubled in size and springy to the touch.
- Shape into rolls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven 450oF/230oC/gas mark 8 for about 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 120 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: depends on size of roll
Powered by Comment Script