French Onion Soup Recipe
This is the classic French onion soup recipe.
- 4 medium onions, cut into thin slices
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pints meat stock
- French bread
- 3 tablespoons grated gruyere cheese
- Fry the onions in the butter until pale gold. Do not allow to become too dark.
- Add the stock and seasoning and simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
- Put the rounds of bread, which can be toasted if wished, into soup dishes.
- Add the soup, sprinkle with the grated cheese.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script