French Coffee Recipe
This is the correct way to make coffee according to the French. If you follow the instructions carefully you do get an excellent cup of coffee
- 4 tablespoons ground coffee beans
- boiling water
- coffee filter and filter paper
- Put beans on a baking sheet and warm them either over a hot plate or in the oven.
- They must not get more than just warm.
- Grind the beans fairly finely.
- Put the coffee into the filter paper in the filter and place this over the coffee jug.
- Place the coffee jug into a pan of just simmering water.
- Keep this over a gentle heat.
- Take 4 tablespoons of boiling water from the kettle and pour it over the coffee.
- Leave for 10 minutes.
- Cover the coffee with water which has just come off the boil and continue the process until you have used about 3/4 pint of water altogether.
- This amount of coffee should serve 4 people.
- Serve it with hot milk and brown sugar.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: NA
Yield: several cups
Powered by Comment Script