Egg and Lemon Soup Recipe
A soup with an Oriental touch.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, medium sized, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 1 lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pint milk
- 2 eggs
- seasoning to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Saute the carrots and onion until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add the stock, zest of the lemon and the bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and take the saucepan off the heat.
- Stir in the milk.
- Blend in a blender, then return to the saucepan.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- Beat the eggs and lemon juice together and whisk them into the soup.
- Reheat very carefully to serving temperature.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Add seasoning to taste.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script