Dough Cakes Recipe
Make these dough cakes for a very special treat - they really are the original sticky buns.
- 1 3/4lb strong plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 oz yeast mixed smooth with 3/4 pint of warm milk and 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 6oz sugar
- 6oz lard
- 6oz butter
- 6oz currants
- 6oz sultanas
- glaze made from melting a little sugar in water and bringing to the boil
- Sift together the flour and the salt.
- Rub the butter and lard into the flour.
- Add the yeast and milk mixture.
- Beat well and leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Put the risen dough on to a lightly floured board and knead in the currants and sultanas.
- Knead well.
- Divide into two and put into two well-greased 1lb loaf tins.
- Leave in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Bake at 180 degrees C. for about 30 minutes.
- Glaze the loaves with the sugar solution.
Prep Time: 180 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves
Powered by Comment Script