Date Loaf Recipe
This loaf is full of good things. It is spicy and fruity with loads of fibre and texture.
- 1lb strong brown granary flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2oz chopped, stoned dates
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3oz muesli
- 1/2oz fresh yeast
- 9 floz warm milk
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons melted apricot jam
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt, dates, honey, cinnamon and muesli.
- Mix the yeast to smooth paste with a little of the milk.
- Add the yeast to the flour mixture.
- Add the remaining milk and the oil.
- Mix to form a fairly soft dough.
- Knead on a floured board for until smooth and elastic.
- Put into a well-greased loaf tin.
- Leave to prove in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Bake at 190oC for 30 minutes.
- Glaze the loaf with a little of the melted apricot jam.
Prep Time: 120 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
Powered by Comment Script