Curry Soup Recipe
A variation on the traditional mulligatawny soup. Feel free to experiment with the curry powder as you may want a slightly hotter kick with your soup.
- 3 pints water
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled and cored
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 1 small turnip
- 1 leek
- rib of celery
- sprig of parsley, thyme and marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dessertspoon of vinegar
- Prepare the vegetables and cut into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Put in the onions and fry until nicely browned.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder, add the apples, herbs and vegetables, and stir all together until well mixed.
- Stir in the rice and vinegar and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and then the water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 hours.
- Place in a blender and puree.
- Return to the saucepan and make very hot.
- For a richer soup add 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt just before serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 140 minutes
Yield: 3 - 6 portions
Powered by Comment Script