Curried Apple Soup Recipe
An interesting soup to try that combines the sweetness of apple with the spiciness of a curry.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 heaped tablespoons plain/all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 pints chicken bouillon
- 6 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- seasoning to taste
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Melt the butter and fry the onion until soft but not browned.
- Stir in the flour and curry powder and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the bouillon, apples and lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Season to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Blend in a blender.
- Return to the pan to reheat.
- Serve with a swirl of yogurt.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script