Cressy Soup Recipe
A colourful, traditional carrot soup recipe which is economical to make and very tasty. Cressy probably refers to a battle which took place in Crecy in 14th century France.
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2oz dripping or butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 pints chicken stock
- bunch of herbs of choice including parsley
- salt and pepper
- Melt the fat over a low heat.
- Cook the carrots and the onion in the fat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and the bunch of herbs.
- Allow to simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the herbs.
- Press the soup either through a sieve or use a blender to create a fine textured soup.
- Return to saucepan.
- Blend flour to a smooth paste with a little water.
- Add to the soup.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions