Creamof Tomato Soup Recipe
The classic cream of tomato soup, a delicious and comforting soup and a great way to use up tomatoes from your garden.
- 2lbs firm, ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint beef stock
- 2oz butter
- pinch bicarbonate of soda
- salt and black pepper
- caster/superfine sugar
- 1/4 pint double cream
- Fry the onion and garlic in the butter until soft in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Add half pint of the stock.
- Add the tomatoes and bicarbonate of soda.
- Bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat.
- Put on lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool a little.
- Liquidise the soup.
- Rinse pan and sieve soup back into pan.
- Heat the soup again.
- Add more stock until you get the consistency you require.
- Heat up cream in separate saucepan to near boiling point.
- Add cream to soup.
- Season to taste, add sugar if required.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
I want to make a cream of tomato soup for a dinner party. Can I make the whole soup including the added cream in the morning and keep in the fridge until I'm ready to warm and serve it?
#1 - Alison Francomb - 05/15/2014 - 03:28
how many would this recipe (Cream of Tomato Soup) serve? also, could I make it, then put some in the fridge to reheat the following day?
#0 - Rebecca - 12/08/2009 - 09:34
Powered by Comment Script