Cream Cheese and Herb Soup Recipe
This easy to make and tasty soup, flavoured with cream cheese and herbs, is perfect as a light starter before a heavy main course.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable bouillon
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed fresh herbs
- 1 cup soft cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornflour/cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon milk
- chopped fresh chives to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the onions.
- Fry for 2 minutes, then cover and turn the heat to low.
- Allow the onions to cook gently for 5 minutes and then remove the lid.
- Add the bouillon and herbs to the saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, the turn down the heat.
- Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan.
- Reserve a little of the cheese for garnish.
- Spoon the remaining cheese into the soup.
- Whisk until the cheese is incorporated.
- Mix the cornstarch with the milk, then stir into the soup and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth.
- Pour the soup into warmed bowls.
- Spoon some of the reserved cheese into each bowl and garnish with chives.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script