Cranberry Punch Recipe
Native to North America, cranberries are an excellent source of vitamin c and also help to maintain a healthy urinary tract. The sugar and apple juice help counteract the natural dryness of the cranberries.
- 2 pints of fresh cranberries
- 2 pints of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 5 cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest grated
- 1 teaspoon orange zest grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 pints apple juice
- slices of orange and lemon to garnish
- Place the cranberries and the water in a saucepan and simmer until the cranberries burst their skins.
- Cool and blend with the sugar, cloves and zests.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Stir in the chilled apple and lemon juice.
- Serve with orange and lemon slices floating on top.
Prep Time: 120 minutes
Cook Time: 30
Yield: 8 - 12 servings