Country Vegetable Soup Recipe
This sophisiticated homemade vegetable soup is packed with delicious and healthy vegetables and makes a perfect lunchtime meal during the cold winter months.
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sized leek, washed and shred
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 pint tomato juice
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- seasoning to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saut� the onion until transparent.
- Add the remaining vegetables and fry, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Add seasoning to taste.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script