Coffee Time Rolls Recipe
Fancy bread rolls enriched with eggs and rosewater. An unusual dough mixture which is made in a similar way to the pastry used for raised pies i.e. hot water crust pastry.
- 1 pint milk
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups strong plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rose water
- 9 eggs separated
- Boil the milk, butter and sugar and mix the flour and rose water into the boiling liquid very carefully.
- Stir in the well beaten egg yolks and 7 of the whites.
- Place the dough in little heaps in a greased baking tin.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180oC/350oF/gas mark 4 for about 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Powered by Comment Script