Coconut Bread Recipe
A very unusual bread enriched and flavoured with coconut.
- 1lb strong plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3oz desiccated coconut
- 1oz sugar
- 1/2 oz fresh yeast or 1/4 oz dried yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 pint warm milk
- a little clear honey to glaze
- a little extra desiccated coconut for decoration
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add the coconut.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Mix the yeast the 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Add to the warm milk and leave until frothy.
- Add to the flour and mix to form dough.
- Knead well.
- Cover and leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Knead the dough again.
- Put the dough into a well-greased 2lb loaf tin.
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 200oC for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and while the loaf is still hot brush it with the honey and sprinkle with coconut.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Prep Time: 180 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
Powered by Comment Script