Chocolate Syrup Recipe
This is a recipe for a versatile syrup that can be used in milk drinks to add chocolate flavour.
- 5 squares plain chocolate (unsweetened if possible)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- a quarter cup of light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water.
- Add the boiling water and transfer the mixture to a pan.
- Cook over direct heat for about two minutes, stirring constantly until smooth and thick.
- Add sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour into a clean glass jar.
- Store in fridge.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: chocolate syrup
Powered by Comment Script