Chinese Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
A traditional clear Chinese soup packed full of tasty morsels. It has a sharp and slightly sour taste that adds an edge to your appetite.
- 8oz button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 4floz medium dry sherry
- 5tbs soy sauce
- 2tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 8oz thinly shredded cooked chicken
- 4oz spring onions, thinly shredded
- 5oz whole baby sweetcorn, sliced
- 5tbs white wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pints cold water
- Put the mushrooms into a large saucepan.
- Add the sherry, soy sauce, coriander and 2 pints cold water.
- Bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken, vegetables and wine vinegar to the soup.
- Taste and season with the pepper.
- Simmer for a few more minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script