Chilled Watercress and Yogurt Soup Recipe
Another recipe that is designed to be served chilled, this soup mixes the peppery flavour of watercress with thick, creamy yogurt.
- 2 bunches of watercress
- 1 large potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons unflavoured yogurt
- Wash the watercress thoroughly in cold water and discard any tough stalks or yellow leaves.
- Set aside a few sprigs for garnish and put the remainder of the watercress into a large saucepan with the potato, stock and garlic.
- Season well.
- Bring to the boil, then cover the pan and simmer until the potato and onion are quite soft.
- Allow to cool and puree the soup in a blender or rub through a coarse sieve.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning before stirring in the yogurt.
- Serve chilled, garnished with watercress sprigs.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script