Chilled Green Soup Recipe
If you are a fan of green veg like watercress and lettuce, then this light and tasty chilled green soup will be a firm winner.
- 1 lettuce, washed and shredded
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and finely chopped, hard stalks removed
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pints chicken stock
- 1 1/2 ozs flour
- 1/4 pint single cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter gently in a saucepan.
- Add all the vegetables and cook for about 10 minutes, making sure nothing browns.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the stock.
- Add the rest of the stock to the vegetables.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend the flour to a smooth paste with the 3 tablespoons of stock.
- Stir into the soup.
- Continue cooking until the soup thickens, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and blend in a blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cool and then place in the fridge until chilled.
- Stir in the cream and sprinkle with parsley.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script