Chilled Avocado Soup Recipe
This creamy and delicious chilled avocado soup is perfect for lunch or a dinner party on a hot summers day.
- 1 pint of well flavoured vegetable stock or chicken stock
- large, ripe avocado pears
- 1/4 pint single cream
- 1/4 pint fromage frais
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoons very finely chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Peel and de-stone the avocados.
- Cut them into chunks and put them into a food processor or blender.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend until a nice smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pass through a sieve in case the avocados contained any tough fibres and check the seasoning.
- More wine can be added if desired.
- Put into an airtight container and store in the fridge until needed.
- Do not leave it for too long as the avocados can discolour.
- Serve cold.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script