Chilled Asparagus and Almond Soup Recipe
This delicious chilled asparagus and almond soup makes an excellent opening dish at a sophisiticated summer dinner party
- 1lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 pints chicken stock
- 4oz ground almonds
- salt and pepper
- Lightly cook the asparagus until just tender.
- Remove and set aside a few tips for decoration.
- Blend the remaining asparagus in a food processor with half the stock.
- Pour the pureed asparagus, the remaining stock, almonds, salt and pepper into a saucepan.
- Cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about one and a half minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Push through a sieve.
- Chill well.
- Serve decorated with the reserved asparagus tips.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script