Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup Recipe
A favourite soup in China, chicken and sweetcorn soup is tasty, filling and easy to make.
- 1 boneless, skinned chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 10 baby sweet corns, thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken bouillon
- large can sweetcorn, well drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2-3 teaspoons bottled sweet chilli sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, quartered and seeded and sliced
- seasoning to taste
- freshly chopped coriander or parsley, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok until really hot.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until almost cooked.
- Add the scallions, pepper and garlic and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the baby sweet corns and bouillon and bring to the boil.
- Add the sweetcorn, sherry and sweet chilli sauce an season to taste and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the corn starch with a little cold water, add to the soup and bring back to the boil.
- Add the tomatoes, add seasoning if required and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve the soup very hot sprinkled with finely chopped coriander or parsley.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script