Chicken and Chestnut Soup Recipe
A lovely soup that is great for fans of chicken soup but want to try something a little different.
- 2 onions, chopped roughly
- 1 chicken carcass
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken meat (reserved)
- 6 cups water
- 1 bouquet garni
- half cup cooked chestnuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated coarsely
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- seasoning to taste
- Put the chicken carcass, water, half of the chopped onion and bouquet garni into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 1 hour, giving an occasional stir.
- Remove from the heat.
- Strain and set aside liquid.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion gently until soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about a minute.
- Gradually stir in the liquid from the carcass and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, seasoning, coriander, chopped chicken, carrots and chestnuts.
- Bring back to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Add seasoning and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 85 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script