Chicken and Almond Soup Recipe
This quick soup recipe uses oriental cooking methods to incorporate the classic flavours of chicken and almond with soy sauce.
- 1 large or 2 small boneless, skinned chicken breasts, cut into shreds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 3 cups chicken bouillon
- finely grated rind of half a lemon
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- seasoning to taste
- Heat the oil in the wok until really hot.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add the carrot and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add the scallions and stir.
- Add the bouillon to the wok and bring to the boil.
- Add the lemon rind, ground almonds, soy sauce, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Bring back to the boil and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add more seasoning if required.
- Add most of the toasted flaked almonds and continue to cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the soup very hot sprinkled with the remaining almonds.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script