Chick Pea and Zucchini Soup Recipe
Hailing from America, this Italian-style soup is full of flavour and packed with loads of delicious vegetables and chick peas.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks sliced thinly
- 2 zucchinis (courgettes) chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- large can chopped tomatoes
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 1/4 cups chicken bouillon
- large can chick-peas (garbanzo beans) drained
- 3 cups spinach, washed and chopped
- thin shavings of Parmesan cheese
- seasoning to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the leeks and zucchini and cook briskly for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and garbanzo beans.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Shred the spinach finely, add to the soup and boil for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Pour into soup tureen and sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script