Cheese Soup Recipe
This is basically a cream of celery flavored soup, the flavour being enhanced by the addition of cheese at the end of the cooking.
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 heaped tablespoons flour
- 1 pint milk
- pinch pepper
- 3 carrots, finely chopped or grated
- 2 sticks celery or piece of celeriac, finely chopped or grated
- 4oz/1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Fry the onion in the butter until tender.
- Add the flour and cook slowly for 1 minute, stirring well.
- Add the milk, seasoning and stock gradually, stirring continuously, and bring to the boil.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in the cheese, heat gently until melted - do not over cook.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
wow this is delicious. I'd never thought about the possibility of a cheese soup before but it's a great idea. I didn't have any cheddar but instead used a small amount of blue cheese instead.
#0 - peter - 05/18/2015 - 11:47
Powered by Comment Script