Cheese Buns Recipe
A quick and easy non-yeast bun flavoured with cheese which can be made really quickly and served hot.
- 2 heaped tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cayenne pepper
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 pint water
- Put butter and water into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Whilst the mixture is still boiling, tip all the flour in stirring vigorously over the heat.
- The mixture will thicken and begin to come away from the sides of the pan.
- Stir in the cheese and add the eggs.
- Beat well.
- Spread mixture thinly onto a greased plate and allow to cool.
- Put teaspoonfuls of the cold mixture onto a greased baking sheet and cook in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes.
- They can be split and filled with cream cheese.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 - 10 buns
Powered by Comment Script