Celery and Stilton Soup Recipe
A tasty autumn soup that combines the flavours of celery and stilton. Warmed granary or wholemeal bread goes well with this soup.
- 1 head of celery, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup (8oz) grated stilton
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 level tablespoons flour
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 1/4 pint milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Add the celery to the butter and cook gently until softened.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, then gradually pour in the stock and then the milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the celery is tender.
- Blend the soup in a liquidizer and strain if you prefer a smoother finish, then return to the rinsed out pan.
- Add the stilton and reheat very gently, without boiling, until the stilton has melted.
- Taste and add seasoning if necessary.
- Add the parsley if desired just before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script