Celery Chowder Recipe
A slight variation on the classic celery soup, this chowder is perfect for those who like a slightly thicker soup.
- 12 ribs celery
- 1 onion
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1/2 pint vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 heaped tablespoon flour
- 1/2 pint milk
- Chop the celery into very tiny pieces.
- Chop or grate the onion and cut the potatoes into small dice.
- Simmer together in the stock until tender, seasoning well.
- Make a white sauce from the butter, flour and milk.
- Add vegetable mixture to this.
- Heat thoroughly, season and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script