Celery Cashew Nut Soup Recipe
This recipe for celery and cashew nut soup combines the subtle flavour of celery with the nuttiness of cashew.
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 head celery, wash, remove leaves and chop
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons broken cashew nuts
- 1 1/4 pints vegetable stock
- 3/4 pint milk
- seasoning to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Saute the prepared vegetables gently until the onion is transparent.
- Add the cashews and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the milk and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend in a blender.
- Reheat to serve and add seasoning to taste.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. There's something that just clicks with the flavours of cashew nut and celery. I added some cream to just make it a little more rich.
#4 - thomas - 01/03/2016 - 08:37
NIce soup. I guess it's pretty healthy too so I'll carry on making it.
#3 - dean - 12/14/2015 - 08:54
Thanks for the celery and cashew soup recipe. Enjoyed making it. Very moorish.
#2 - peter - 07/02/2015 - 17:52
Very nice indeed. These was a special offer on celery at my local supermarket and I was able to use it making a big batch of this soup. Lovely.
#1 - harold tommins - 05/26/2015 - 05:11
Try this it's yummy! x
#0 - Julia Williams - 02/09/2010 - 10:13
Powered by Comment Script