Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Sometimes called "Du Barry" soup, cauliflower soup can be a smooth, delicious and elegant dinner party soup or simple lunchtime snack.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- a little mace
- salt and pepper
- 1 level tablespoon flour
- 1/4 pint milk
- fresh parsley
- Wash the cauliflower and boil it for a few minutes.
- Drain and cut it into small pieces.
- Fry the sliced onion and garlic in the butter until the onion is transparent.
- Sprinkle the flour onto the onion and cook over a low heat, stirring continuously for about a minute.
- Add the stock, a little at a time, stirring to make sure that the flour mix is incorporated.
- Add the cauliflower and simmer for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Blend, preferably with a hand held blender, season and add the milk.
- Heat again but do not boil.
- Serve sprinkled with a little parsley.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script