Carrot Soup Recipe
A classic soup flavour, this is a recipe for a tasty and satisfying carrot soup. Great for a quick lunch with a slice of crusty bread, or as a starter for a main course.
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 6 medium sized carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon plain/all purpose flour
- salt and black pepper
- Simmer the vegetables in the stock until quite tender.
- Mix the butter and flour together to form a smooth paste.
- Stir the butter and flour into the simmering stock.
- Add the tomato puree.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions