Carrot Potage Recipe
This vegetable soup recipe draws on the traditional potage sytle soup which were very popular in the past
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme and sage, chopped
- 2 pints vegetable bouillon
- 1 teaspoon yeast extract
- seasoning to taste
- Chop the vegetables.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and saute until it becomes transparent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend in small quantities in a blender until smooth.
- Reheat to serving temperature and adjust seasoning to taste.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 120 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script