Carrot, Apple and Cashew Nut Soup Recipe
A wonderful combination of flavours, this is a lovely soup incorporates the natural affinity of carrot and apple with the mellow taste of cashew nut.
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pints vegetable bouillon
- 1/4 cup broken cashew nuts
- seasoning to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Fry the vegetables and apple for 5 minutes over a very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
- When cool, blend in a blender.
- Reheat to serving temperature and adjust seasoning to taste.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
Powered by Comment Script