Cabbage and Apple Soup Recipe
Despite it seeming an odd combination, cabbage and apple have an affinity for each other and so come together to make this refreshing and different soup.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 large heart Savoy cabbage, shredded and washed
- 7 1/2 cups well-flavored stock
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions gently until soft and transparent.
- Stir in the apples and cabbage and continue cooking until the cabbage is bright green.
- Add the stock, season and simmer gently until the vegetables are soft.
- Puree the soup in a blender or press through a coarse sieve.
- Add the chopped parsley, season if necessary and reheat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-4 portions
I find that parchment works well, but greaseproof needs butter/oil - some sort of grease is needed to hold paper to tin. Silicon liners seem to need increase of baking times. The simplest, perhaps most expensive, method is the use of ready-made,pre-shaped greaseproof liners that contain the cake/fruit loaf (as in shop cakes) for easy 'transport'.
#0 - mycobs - 11/22/2008 - 14:43
Powered by Comment Script