Brunoise Soup Recipe
Brunoise soup is a brown meat stock soup with plenty of vegetables. It makes an ideal light lunch or starter for an evening meal.
- 1 carrot
- 1 turnip
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 1 head of celery
- 6 small mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pinch of sugar
- 2 pints meat stock
- salt and black pepper
- glass sherry if preferred
- Wash, prepare and dice the vegetables.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the vegetables, sugar and seasoning.
- Cook gently until the vegetables are a golden brown.
- Add the stock and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in a good pinch of pepper.
- Add glass sherry if preferred.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2-3 portions
Powered by Comment Script