Brown Vegetable Soup Recipe
Unusually the onions are browned in this soup which ultimately give the soup its brown colour.
- 1 small head of celery
- 2 small onions
- 2 small carrots
- 2 small potatoes
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart bouillon
- seasoning to taste
- bouquet garni
- Wash, peel and cut the vegetables up into small pieces.
- Fry the onions in the oil until slightly browned.
- Add flour, stirring well into the oil.
- Add the bouillon, bouquet garni and all the remaining vegetables.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer for about 1 1/2 hours until vegetables are quite tender.
- Puree in a blender, reheat and season to taste.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 100 minutes
Yield: 2-3 portions
I couldn't get the onions to brown. They just starting burning.
#1 - sammu - 05/08/2015 - 11:05
Ok, this is a pretty tasty soup. For my own tastes, I added an extra potato just to make it a little thicker. I know it's a veggie recipe but I also added a few strips of ham which were in my fridge. It added a nice edge to the soup. to finish, sprinkle some grated cheese on the top.
#0 - Peter - 05/07/2015 - 12:02
Powered by Comment Script