Brioche is a delciously rich bread ideal for sweet treats.
- 1 1/2 oz yeast
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons water
- 8oz 81% extraction flour
- 1 1/2 lb wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 oz honey
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 oz butter, melted
- Mix the yeast with the milk and water and stir into the 81% flour to make a dough.
- Cover and leave for 30 mins to ferment.
- Add the wholemeal flour, honey, eggs and salt and knead well until the dough is pliable.
- Pour on the butter and continue kneading until the dough is clear.
- Cover and leave to rise until the dough is doubled in size and springy to the touch.
- Knead lightly and divide the dough into four pieces.
- Place in a greased brioche tins cover and leave to prove in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220oC/425oF/gas mark 7 for about 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 180 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 small loaves
Pls kindly help out wit 11/2 oz yeast nd d 8 oz flour nd 1lb wholewheat. I don't understnd. I use spoons nd cups in my measurements, so help out wit d exact spoons nd cup. I ve checked ur measure conversion but still did nt get it. Tanx
#0 - abiola showunmi - 02/06/2013 - 05:02
Powered by Comment Script