Bread and Cheese Soup Recipe
Not precisely a soup, but more like bread and cheese soaked in stock. It's a very warming and filling dish which can be prepared in minutes.
- 10 small slices French bread, buttered and fried on both sides
- 10 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 pints beef stock, boiling hot
- Place the slices of bread in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Put a slice of cheese on each slice of bread.
- Pour the boiling stock over the cheese and bread.
- Cook in the oven at 180 degrees C. or until the cheese has melted.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script