Boulogne Soup Recipe
Boulogne soup is a French regional variation on the classic French onion soup.
- 2-3 large onions
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 thick slices stale bread
- 1 small slice lean bacon
- pinch of pepper
- 1 pint milk
- 3 pints water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Trim the cauliflower.
- Wash and cut into florets.
- Put in boiling water and cook until tender (about 15 minutes) and reserve water.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- When hot put in the onions, cover closely and cook gently for five minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, bread in small pieces, bacon, pepper and the cauliflower water.
- Simmer all together for an hour.
- Rub through a coarse sieve with a wooden spoon or blend in blender.
- Add the milk, bring just to boiling point, and serve.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script