Bacon and Pea Soup Recipe
Bacon and pea soup is a classic winter warmer.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 rashers streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup dried peas, soaked overnight
- 1 3/4 pints vegetable bouillon
- 1 teaspoon mint
- Melt the butter and fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and keep it warm.
- Add the garlic to the pan and fry until just browned.
- Add the drained peas, bouillon and mint and season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 1 hour until tender.
- Puree in a blender, then return the soup to the pan and reheat gently.
- Serve sprinkled with bacon pieces.
Prep Time: 480 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script